May 31, 2012

29 Faces - A quick look back

After deciding to post a compilation image with all the faces I realized that I hadn’t actually drawn 29 different faces. I only finished 26 and I’m OK with that.

Thankfully the rules of the challenge allowed for posting “in progress” images and that’s what I did for the first three faces.  Had that not been allowed, I might not have made it through to the end of the challenge.  I might have gotten discouraged because my drawing was going soooo slowly in the beginning (due to all the erasing I was doing ;).  With practice I learned to erase faster. ha ha

I decided to post only my favorite faces.  Not that I don’t like the others but I think I learned something or did something different with each of these.  I drew a lot of “pretty” girls in this challenge. For my next phase, I think I’d like to try my hand at drawing the more freaky girl, like the one smack dab in the middle. 

May31-Lookback

I posted at the beginning of the challenge that I had just started taking Suzi Blu’s Portrait 2012 series class. I’m about half way though it now and while I don’t want to copy her style, which I adore by the way, I sure have learned a lot from her about drawing faces and shading.  For some reason, she has a teaching style that I get.  Here’s a link to her ning site, if your interested: http://suziblu.ning.com/

Thank you all for visiting and for your lovely comments. I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin