May 17, 2012

29 Faces Day 17 Having a bad hair day

When I first drew this girl, I did her hair with colored pencils and it looked “OK” at 11:00 pm..LOL  When I looked at it the next day, she looked like she was bald up to the middle of her head….yikes. Nothing I did with the pencils helped. So I used acrylics to redo the hair. She no longer looks bald but is it any better?  I don’t think so….now her hair looks like mine…..gray with a bad perm. ha ha ha (I laugh as if it’s really funny…sadly it’s not.)

Be sure to visit Denthe’s blog because she draws awesome faces and hair and is also taking part in the 29 faces challenge. Which is why I begged her for information on how to draw hair and she, very unselfishly, obliged. So I want to give a big thank you shout out to Denthe for sending me a link to an awesome video on how to draw hair.  Too late for this girl but if you’d like to see the video, click here.  Denthe also has the link to the video on her website.

Day 17 IMG_0112

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin