May 27, 2012

29 Faces Day 27 He sat reluctantly

My first male face in ages. I’ve only drawn two males faces before. One the face of an old boyfriend and later, one of my sweet husband before he became my husband.  Those were drawn years and years ago. I decided last night that I need to do a male face for this challenge.  I found an image I liked on the internet and went at it.  I didn’t want to recreate the same face, I mostly wanted the hat and clothing of the fellow. The chair back is my addition. I could have added more detail to the chair but was running out of time.

He looks like he’s a little stressed at having to sit for his portrait. He’s got his shoulders hunched up like he’s ready to bolt. This quote fits:

Few persons who have ever sat for a portrait can have felt anything but inferior while the process is going on.” ~ Anthony Powell

 

Day 27 IMG_0141

I have to say that drawing men is harder than women.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin