October 6, 2008

Soul Journal - Lexicon

This weeks Soul Journal challenge was Lexicons.  Kathryn says this about the challenge: "A lexicon of a language is its vocabulary, including its words and expressions. For our personal lexicons we will be collecting and chronicling our own visual and symbolic language."

In creating my collection of symbols I realized that there are so many that I really enjoy using that it would be too cluttered if I added them all in a layout.  So I created a layout with the symbols I use the most or mean the most to me and the rest as the page background. 

My Lexicon

 

Lex-Bird

Lexicon  Key

 

"When thoughts fails of words, they find imagination waiting at their elbow to teach a new language without words."
   --- Author Unknown

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page! I too had a challenge to pick only a few of the many things I love. I may just start a journal and call it "My Personal Lexicon" and each page can be dedicated to the one item that I love. Ah, so many ideas and so little time.

    The colors and textures of your pages are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm caught red handed, blogging from work before my day kicks into gear. The previous post is actually from me, Kathryn.

    Oops. I share a work account with Celia our web master for our google analytics for our company web site.

    I'm now logged in as me. Sorry for the confusion. Ohhh sshhhh don't tell anyone I snuck out to visit my *soul sisters*

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda:
    Is there somewhere I can read about soul journaling. Looks interesting. I like these 2 pages and how you chose to approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this page turned out for you! I think the text boxes are my favortie!

    I've been tagged for the very first time, and I was double tagged at that! (see my blog for details). Tag! You're it!

    By the way... I had decided who to tag, before I went to thier blogs... sorry to do this to you... I see you've just been tagged recently. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lexicon page turned out fantastic. love the boxes and what does the number 448 mean to you?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin