October 5, 2008

I've been Tagged

Christy from Average American Girl blog has tagged me. Thanks Christi. What 6 random LittleBit's should I tell you about myself? Hummm

1> I love computer programming:

When I was in college I took an elective class in computer programming and I loved it. I knew I should change my major from accounting to computer science but I was tired of being a poor student, all I wanted to do was graduate.

2> I used to be an accountant.

I spent 7 years as a CPA and another 6 as a controller for a wine marketing company. It was OK but it wasn't me. When the wine company moved from Napa to San Jose, I chose to quit instead of move. But instead of job hunting, I contacted a software company that produced quilting software (yes quilting software) to ask if I could review their program for the quilting message board on AOL. After the review, they hired me to handle their tech support. That was 13 years ago.

3> I make the best flour tortillas ever.

I have a secret ingredient. If you make flour tortillas and want to know how to make them better, leave me a comment.

4> I learned to tread water at 53.

I never felt comfortable swimming until we moved to our current home. Our new house has a pool and my husband taught me to tread water the first year were were here and by the end of the year I was diving in the deep end.

5.> I love quotations.

I love using quotations in my art work. Sometimes I get inspired by a quote and other times I look for a quote that fits my art.

6> I used to quilt.

Before I began directing my creative energy to collage and painting I used to quilt. This is the last quilt I made, it was my girl's wedding present. Each little square is 1".

AlmasQuilt-small

Those were my 6 random LittleBits about me.

The rules are as follows:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.

2. Post the rules on your blog.

3. Write six random things about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post.

5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

Here are the six people I have tagged

1> John at Artyfax
2> Mariposa at Sirens Idyll
3> Maryellen at CattyCatsMusic
4> Marla at Twig Studio
5> Chatty Wacky Whims
6> Katilady

Happy Tagging!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I loved your six things. And now I know that a couple of them we have very much in common. I was a budget analyst. I learned I loved to write code because I would get so much fun by writing excel formulas and functions. From there I started writing code and the rest is history. I left a 12 year career to pursue my dream of working for home as a web developer. I've had my 'perfect' job for over a year now and would never go back to just numbers and budget meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't think I was upset and thus you deleted me. Not at all. I was playing with you. I love that amazing quilt you made for your daughter. That is absolutely phenomenal.

    Do you know Amy Ryan? She lives right across from me and is a quilter to. She knew your name. Or are you just famous?

    I will go put my meme on my other blog now. I only put "do you remembers" on that blog. This will be my first other blog post. Tee hee. Thanks for getting me started over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, not usually my cup of tea..... but this time i have capitulated. I think I have written 6 amusing things about myself but then I am always being told that I don't have much of a sense of humour.

    Thanks for the tag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, chicken and egg situation. It is up now, John

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to get to know you. I love this tagging game. How cool that you sought out a company and landed a job that is so you! I would love to know your secret ingredient for tortillas. My ex-husband and I would make them together and everyone loved our cooking. I'm a big fan of quotes, always have been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda -

    I have just tagged you.

    Check out my blog for details..

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin