November 17, 2008

Soul Journal - Trusting the Journey

The theme for this page, Trusting the journey, was inspired by Kathyrn Antyr, the Collage Diva while the background was inspired by Millande at Millande Creativity Club.  I used images and quotations I found on the web to add content to the page. And then outlined it all in Black charcoal pencil. Then I smudged the pencil to produce a shadow effect. 

The background was made by painting the page first with Gesso, then with a solid color.  Then I added rubber bands to a brayer and covered the brayer in paint of a different color.  Used the brayer horizontally along the bottom and then washed it and added a different color to paint vertically.  It was a fun experiment.

Most of the images are easy to see but the scrap on the top left of the page says "Boarding pass" and it's taken from a boarding pass for a flight I took last month to see my daughter and mother.  I thought that was a fun element to add.

 

Trust The Journey

 

The biggest and hardest change I've had to deal with recently was when my daughter moved to New Mexico.   I've written about it before so I won't go into it again but it was very hard because we were so close. We still are.  How about you?  What's the biggest change you've had  to deal with and how did you handle it?

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Linda. Gotta try the rubber band and brayer background. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page! What a cool technique - I'll have to try the rubber band and brayer combo.

    I could leave a huge comment about a recent love loss and why the "trusting the journey" was a good prompt. I'll add that how I'm moving forward is to remember the love shared, to fill up with these loving feelings, and to know that I have the capacity for great love.

    We are lucky to have technology to keep us close to the people we love who are far away. Does your daughter have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing results for this page!

    the biggest change for me was moving from va to sd..i immersed myself into the community
    but
    i still feel like va is
    "home"
    and i am just visiting sd
    it is okay here...
    and i am fine with being here...
    i don't think i want it to be my final destination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - this is a wonderful page. When I get home tonight I am going to try the rubber band and brayer. What a great idea. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hardest? There have been tons of things with my kids. Old loves. But the hardest, when my mum died, two years ago this coming December 27. For SO many reasons. I keep thinking sheesh, it's almost two years, what's wrong with me, but there it is.
    sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin