August 3, 2012

Faces of Angels and Saints

What I have for this week’s Paint Party Friday entry are a couple of works in progress.

The first is an angel using one of my 29 faces sketches from May that I painted as a male last week but a female this week. (What a difference thin eyebrows make.)  It’s still a work in progress as I need to do something to the background and the wings.

XmasAngel

This next work in progress is for the Diary of faces class. I chose to work on a rendition of a portion of Simone Martini (1284-1344)- painting of Saint-Clare.  I’ll show the full painting when I complete the painting.   This week the focus was supposed to be hands but I’m having more problems with the shadows on the head cloth than the hands. Hopefully it will look better when it’s painted.

IMG_0204-web

Any constructive criticism on the sketch is welcome. I’ve been looking at it so long I can’t tell if it’s all pointed in the right direction. :)

Thanks for stopping by. Please be sure to visit the other Paint Party Friday participants. 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin