July 24, 2012

I don’t know how it happened….

I don’t know how it happened !!! Whaaa?? ….Ok that’s a bit overly dramatic… I’ll back up 20 paces…Last night I pulled out one of my 29 faces sketches. I remember that the entire time I was drawing it, I was drawing a female … or so I thought.  So I began by tearing away the excess paper and gluing the just head and neck to a 6” x 12” board.  Then after it dried, I started painting this girl:

Day 2 IMG_0043

 

and right in front of my eyes, “she” turned into a surfer dude.  I don’t know how it happened. Maybe it was the thicker eyebrows or the widening of the space between the eyes. The jaw looks a bit more “square” but that must have been surfer dude wanting to get out because I didn’t do that intentionally.

Surferdude

I think it’s OK though, because I kinda like him. He makes me want to visit the beach.

But I will have to try painting “her“ again later.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin