July 8, 2011

On Handsome Lutes

In my June 10th post, I mentioned that I, along with 20 others, had joined the Facebook group called Traveling Art Journal.  Here is my second page for that group.  This page will go into Ashley’s journal. I hope she likes it.

Page4AshleyBrownweb

The “poem” is created from 3 little words taken from separate areas of a book page sent to me by my very good friend Aimeslee - Paper Paisleys blog.  If you have been a part of the 21 Secrets ning class, you know that 3 Little words is a “secret” class taught by Aimee from Artsyville.  So I used Aimeslee page to find 10 or so three word groups to play with. I worked with them until I came up with something I liked.  

It was serendipity that I found a vintage image of a girl clutching a lute. In fact, I didn’t realize what I had until I finished the page and looked up images of a lute. Low and behold… it’s a lute.

The background came out of a spray paint stencil negative scrap paper.  I was spraying through the stencil and when there was too much paint on the stencil, I turned it on to a scrap paper and pressed the excess paint onto it.  Well, I ended up liking the negative (excess) painted page better than the original sprayed page.  When I was done spraying, the scrap paper background was still white and a little too stark.  So I covered the spray enamels with clear gesso and let it dry.  Then used some yellow and yellow-gold watercolor on the white areas.  Finished the edges with brownish pastel. 

2 comments:

  1. OMGeebus, ok, here is a serendipity continuance for ya: I am doing the 30/30/30 challenge I found over at Traci Bunker's blog. Traci has a art date once a month or so with your teacher, Aimee. Today I read about their latest date on Traci's blog, and went over to Aimee's blog to check her out. I had also seen your gorgeous journal page on Flickr and commented, I believe. THEN, I get your blog post email and read that the text on it was from me - HA! Dang, you did good. I thought that was award-winning poetry and you've been holding out on us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin