March 19, 2010

Adversities – letting go of the fear

Adversity

The quote is “Adversities do not make a man either weak or strong, but the reveal what he is”….by Faith Forsyte

When you’ve been through a lot bad things in a short period of time, don’t ever ask….’What else can go wrong?” because, ha ha, you’ll soon find out.   

My guy and I have been going through some financial and family adversities recently and I’m sure there are more to follow.  My guy, I’m sure, fully expected me to be freaking out by now as I would have in the past. However, about 8 years ago, when going through a different hardship, I learned that there are some things you can’t do anything about. And if you can’t change it, there is no sense in freaking out. So I, the control freak, learned to let go of the fear of failure, the fear that If *I* didn’t do it it wouldn’t get done. It was a liberating experience.

I’ll bet it has my guy wondering why I’m so calm. And I’m sure he’s wondering if I’m holding it all in and am ready to explode. 

No, I’m really not.

Frankly, I’m still hopeful that things will work out in the end and so I’m not ready to throw in the towel and yank my hair out just yet.  While I hate the gray in it, I’ve grown partial to having my hair on my head.

Plus my art journaling helps.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you!! I just keep going and try not to let it get to me. And there is the fact that it really could be even worse so I might as well enjoy the good instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - at least you have each other. Things can only get better.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin