November 17, 2009

Big News and Small Projects

Do you see this beautiful girl?  This is my daughter Alma, “my girl”, my baby. 

Alma's 3rd birthday This beautiful girl is now 21 and has decided to make me a grandma!!  That stinker!! I am so excited for her and her husband because I know she is going to be a great mom, they are going to be great parents. They are both so excited about the new baby. Even the horrible morning sickness can’t temper her excitement. The baby is due around the first of July.   I’m thrilled and at the same time I’m a little sad because she lives in NM and I live in California.  Can you imagine how much traveling I’m going to be doing after that little bundle is born? 

Every year I make the gift tags for our Christmas gift exchange.  It’s something I love to do because it makes gift giving extra special. Here are the ones I made this week:

ChristmasTags1

And a couple of close ups:

ChristmasTagscloseup1

ChristmasTagscloseup2

I use shipping tags in large and small sizes. The backgrounds are colored with stamps pads. Images come from a variety of sources such as catalogs. I use scrapbook paper to add interest. Also used are white pens for snow and silver and gold pens for outlining the images or the card itself. The snowflakes came in a roll of ribbon from Target that I cut the snowflakes from. They look very 3-d. 

I created the base of our family Christmas card as well. But I will embellish each one individually in order to personalize them and make each one unique. More on that next week.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the news - I can't wait to be a grandma. Lovely tags, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your family. Such great news. Your tags are so fun. They could double as tree ornaments later. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda! Such gorgeous tags! I love all the wonderful colors and whimsical scenes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin