December 7, 2008

A Freebie & How is your neighborhood decorating?

Freebie

I've been working on my Advent twinchies from the prompts provided by Kathryn at the Soul Journal group and I needed some numbers to go with the images I made.  This is what I came up with and I thought I would make them available in case someone else could use them. They are just under 1 inch in size and can be printed on card stock and cut out with a 1" circle punch.  You are free to print these out and use them any way you like.

To get the correctly sized image, click on the image below. When the full sized image is on your screen, you can:

  1. Print right from the browser, or
  2. Right click on the numbers and choose "Save Image As" or "Save Picture as"  then choose a location to save the image on your hard drive.  Once downloaded, double click the image to open it and print.   

AdvntNos72dpi

 

Neighborhood Decorations:

This inflatable Nativity scene popped up in my neighborhood this year. Yes, an inflatable Nativity scene and it cracks me up.

inflatedNativity

It's not a funny "box of ha ha's" kind of laugh either, it's a "that's just wrong" kind of laugh.  Just who thought an inflatable Nativity scene was a good idea?  And what makes it worse is that this is what it looks like during the day:

DeflatedNativity

Other than the big snowmen they have at tree lots, I hadn't seen many inflatables until we moved to this farm town two years ago. People here have them all over the place. And they range from Santa's to Grinches to the Abominable Snowman. (We're a little hard pressed to figure out what the Abominable Snowman has to do with Christmas but it's a snow creature so OK.) I'm not a scrooge by any measure and I love all most outdoor Christmas decorations, but an inflatable nativity scene just makes me shake my head.  Is nothing sacred? 

What kind of decorations are in your neighborhood?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, inflatable nativity - haven't seen that before. Around here, mainly it is lots of lights on houses, in the yard, all sorts of decorations, some people got all out and have the most amazing displays. We drive around on Christmas Eve and admire all the wonderful displays. Hope you are going to post your advent calendar when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear i am not the only person out there who feels this way. every yard (that isn't overgrown due to foreclosure) sports an inflatable something. I think they are just obnoxious. It's like the fast food of decorating. Only thing Floridians do that is worse is when I see them putting platic flowers out in planting beds because they don't want to do the work to keep real flowers looking healthy.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin