December 20, 2008

Handmade wrapping paper and tags

I've mentioned before that I like to make handmade Christmas wrapping paper and gift tags.  This year I scanned some to show you what I do.

The wrapping paper is simply freezer paper painted with acrylic paint for the background.  Then used more acrylic paint on a rubber stamp for the greenery.  The tag is made from shipping tags, pigment ink, a rubber stamp and a Santa image. 

Handmade Xmas Wrap

The tags below are all made from shipping tags that have been altered with paint or pigment ink and images added.  Not hard to do and yet they give your gifts a personal touch.

Handmade Xmas tags

 

I am trying to get a post together for the evening of the 25th to show off a gift I made for my daughter but I may not get to it until I return from our trip to New Mexico to see her and the rest of the family.  If I don't get the post together before I leave, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  I'll see you when I return on the 29th or so.

Enjoy your families and savor the moments you're together. 

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. It never occurred to me to make my own wrapping paper. That rocks. I just might have to 'borrow' your idea and make some too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!! Enjoy New Mexico and your family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea Linda, it looks great. Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have a present for you on my blog. Swing by when you get a moment.

    {soul hugs}
    k

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin