September 10, 2008

Handmade Stamps

I was looking for a diamond shape background stamp recently and couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. Granted I don't have a lot of rubber stamp stores close to me so this stamp might exist somewhere out there. So I decided to make my own using craft foam cut into diamond shapes, a hard backing sheet and used tacky glue to glue the diamonds to the backing.  It's worked really well and I've used it a few times. 

After having success with the diamond stamp, I made two others.  One is a circle stamp and the other is stars. Again these are meant to be background stamps and therefore look rather rudimentary. Here are the stamps  I designed.

Stamps

Here are some of the backgrounds I made with the stamps:

DiamdBkGrnd  CircleBkGrnd StarBkGrnd

1 comment:

  1. Foam stamps are really some of my favorite stamps. I have even been known to take a craft knife or sandpaper to one that isn't quite distressed enough. Love your stamps, I've made 1 of my own in the same way you did except instead of a background of small items I did one huge ornamental shape to use as a background. Love that you are so out of the box creative!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. I will respond by email if your profile includes an email address or if you leave your email address in the message. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin