August 27, 2008

All Tangled Up Again

I'm not sure what it is about Zentangles but I love them.  Here is a few that I worked on this past week. I've posted rather small images but they are 5.5" x 8", so they take a while to finish.

My Little Zen Monster

The first is my little Zen Monster.
He didn't start out to be a monster
but soon there was a head
and then the fingers and toes appeared.
and what do you know,
little Zen was born.

 

"I saw the angel in the marble and 
                   carved until I set him free."--Michelangelo

 

 

Zen Flourish

 

With this Zentangle I was determined
to use some new patterns. Now it's not 
made up of entirely new patterns
but just some I'd never used before.

 

 

 

 

 

Zen Hand

 

This one was one I'd been wanting
to do for a while. I love the look of
patterns on hands.
It reminds me of the Illustrated Man.  

 

 

 

 

 

Hand Drawn Flower

 

This last page was a fast drawing 
so I could test the new Prismacolor
markers I bought on Ebay.  The color is
much better in person. It didn't scan
well and I didn't have time to play with it.
If you are interested in the Ebay seller
I purchased these from just leave me a note. 
It was a very positive experience.

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin