January 1, 2006

Happy New Year

WOW it's 2006! The first day of the new year and yet I don't have any new year resolutions. I'm not sure I can top the life altering changes that I made in 2005. But again then at the beginning of last year I didn't have any resolutions in mind either. It was just going to be another year just like the year before but yet by the end of 2005 my life is 100% better off than when the year started.
To recap the 2005 changes, short but sweet, I lost 60lbs, I worked out an average of 4 days a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour each time, recaptured the magic in my marriage, became a happier person to be around. Loosed the grip I had on my teenaged daughter and my relationship with her improved tremendously and have managed to become nicer/friendlier to my dad now that he's living alone. Hell I even took a college class in cinema last semester and I am signed up for an online class in programing C++.
The weight loss started when I caught an episode of last years Discovery Channel's National Weight Loss challenge. They showed one person per week who managed to lose 50+ lbs in the past year. It helped me see that dieting wasn't going to be quick but with preseverance it could be done relatively pain free. That is if you consider working out painless. Working out while not fun has given me a way to work off stress and anger that had built up in me. (Mostly anger at myself for getting so heavy.)
About halfway through my weight loss, I found something else that put a lot of fun back into my life and I suppose that it changed it for the better as well. That was a TV show called RockStar:INXS. Is it hard to believe that a TV show, much less a reality show, could change your life? Before watching I would have scoffed at the idea, but I absolutely fell in love with the show and with the previously unknown JD Fortune. I was so into the band:INXS' search for a new frontman and the music they played that I got involved in the voting process, the MSN message board, downloading and listing to the music. Not only the covered versions of the songs played on the show but the original versions of those songs. I was not only listening to music I was dancing along, singing all day along, and I go to sleep and wake up with music on my mind. It was and still is fantastic. I have to say that at the end of the show I was thrilled that INXS chose my favorite and to my mind, the only real choice. JD's chaotic creativeness is so roit for the band. I get a thrilling and deeply satisfying feeling when I see them play together because they are as obviously in love with Jason as he is with them. That band/brotherly love is joyful and fun. The end result is that My Guy and I now have tickets to see the band in concert in just three weeks. We've also been to a Chris Isacc concert too.... big feat for a couple who hadn't been to a concert in 20 years. Even my guy has attributed my of my good cheer to RS:INXS.
Lot's of great changes this year, if 2006 is half as good as 2005 it will be considered a success.
Happy New Year!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin