January 14, 2015

Bird, Bird, Bird. Bird is the word.

 

Sorry, that song just popped into my head as I started to type the title of this post.  As I mentioned in my last post, Birds are my theme for January.  Wonder what February will bring?

This is my DLP 2015–Wk 2 Journal page.

Beginnings And some Close-ups Beginnings - Bird Quote - Beginnings

The base layer of the journal page was gessoed, then colored with Prismacolor NuPastel that was mixed with Matte Medium. Then added a layer of acrylic paint in similar colors. A few stamps for some background texture. 

The image of the bird and the eggs in the nest were drawn with colored pencils and the nest was made of  newspaper strips. Colored the tree branch with Tombow watercolor markers.  It’s a true Mixed Media journal page.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin