Happy New Year everyone
I hope you had as much fun experience bringing in the new year last night as we did. My Guy and I started with a great homemade New Mexican food dinner complete with posole, tortillas and red chile. Yum. After a few failed attempts to wish the family a happy new year (no one home), we settled in for a few rounds with a new Wii game. It helped me realize out just how uncoordinated I am.
After a couple of hours of Wii, we made Martinis and watched the last Batman movie on DVD. I wasn’t the first time we’d seen it, we originally saw the movie at the theater. But it’s my favorite Batman movie and I am still in awe of what a magnificent actor Heath Ledger was. He was AWESOME in that movie.
We tried watching New Years Rocking Eve at midnight and, I must say, I really love Dick Clark. I grew up watching him and his American Bandstand. He is an inspiration. However, there comes a time for everyone when you should retire and let someone else take the reins. Dick, I think it’s that time.
So I’ve been thinking about goals for the new year. Our family will be having some trials this year making life and art challenging. My goals for this year will have to take those trials into consideration.
- Create more using the supplies on hand rather than buying new.
- Create more art with recycled materials.
- Practice drawing more often. I have a few sources I am going to use. One is the book and workbook for Drawing on the Right side of the brain. The other source for drawing help is at Drawspace.com
- Collaborate more often
- Submit our mother and daughter journal for publication.
- Start writing morning pages again.
- Finish VQL
- Update Website monthly
- Restart Block of the month.
- Finish and move into new office
- Be thrifty
- Eat out less
- Volunteer at Domestic Abuse help center
- Watch less TV
- Eat healthy and exercise more.
- Win the HGTV Dream Home
OK I think I better stop before I feel overwhelmed.